Significant interest, goodwill and support for Belfast has been generated through Belfast Partners’ activities and in particular following the London launch in February 2017, hosted at Canary Wharf by Thomson Reuters.
Attended by more than 170 guests, the launch event featured several high-profile speakers including the Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP & Secretary of State for Northern Ireland; Russ Shaw, Founder of Tech London Advocates and Global Tech Advocates; Suzanne Wylie, Chief Executive of Belfast City Council; and Libby Jackson Global Head of Alternative Legal Services at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP.
Belfast Partners is an initiative that raises Belfast’s profile in fast-growth international cities.
Launched in April 2016 Belfast Partners is becoming an established brand with a growing reputation and a ‘community’ of followers. These followers are are supportive of Belfast City leadership, city investment and export activities by Belfast companies. Belfast Partners addresses gaps in existing programs and initiatives namely:
- Raising Belfast’s profile as a fast-growth, internationally focused city
- Supporting city to city relationships
- Fast-tracking Belfast company leaders into new business networks & opportunities
- Facilitating investment & mentoring opportunities for Belfast companies
- Supporting investment in property & infrastructure