Events 2017 and 2018
Belfast Partners will host a number of events in 2017;
Networking Reception & Buyer Forum, The Mansion House, London, 23rd November 2017
On the evening of 23rd November 2017, Belfast Partners will deliver a business networking reception & buyer forum at the Mansion House, City of London. This event will conclude a business mission of 9 Belfast companies to London, led by Belfast City Council. The Mansion House is the home and office of the Lord Mayor of the City of London. It is a unique building which provides a spectacular setting for fundraising events, receptions and dinners.
A number of high-profile events are held each year, providing a platform for cabinet Ministers, visiting Heads of Government and other prominent public figures. Belfast Partners has secured the Mansion House for an exclusive reception, jointly hosted by the Lord Mayor of the City of London and Suzanne Wylie, Chief Executive of Belfast City Council. This reception will be one of the first events to be hosted by the new Lord Mayor of the City.
150 senior leaders from the London business community will join us to hear about Belfast, its investment opportunities, its innovative companies and its fantastic quality of life. This audience will mainly be drawn from the Financial & Professional Services, Fintech & Cybersecurity sectors. The evening will commence with a champagne reception, followed by speeches, networking & supper. Attendance is invitation only. Please register interest using the form.
Belfast Business Mission to London, 22nd and 23rd November 2017
8 Company Places available
Aligning with the Mansion House Reception is a Business Mission to London on the 22nd and 23rd November 2017, for 8 Belfast companies, led by Belfast City Council. In addition to subsidized participation, courtesy of Belfast City Council, each company will receive;
- One to one briefing & preparation in Belfast, with a strategic business development consultant who will review & provide support with;
- Sales strategy for the London market
- Identification of target customers/suppliers/buyers/partners
- Selling collateral
- Methodology & resources
- Opportunity follow-up
The consultant will create a short project plan for the company detailing the desired outcomes for the Mission. The consultant will set up 2-3 qualified meetings in London for the company and will provide regular updates on the status of these meetings across October and November. The consultant will also note details of 6 nominated customers/buyers/guests who will be invited to attend the Mansion House networking reception.
- A Mission brief, detailing;
- Mission schedule
- Details of planned group meetings
- Details of each qualified meeting with contact bios
- A guide to building business in London with details of relevant influencers, agencies and membership associations
- On the 22nd November 2017, participating company leaders will attend two afternoon group meetings, followed by a networking dinner, hosted by Belfast City Council.
- On the 23rd November 2017, the day will start with a group meeting, followed by a bespoke program of 2-3 individual, qualified business meetings.
That evening, company leaders, along with their nominated guests, will attend the networking reception at Mansion House. Each company will have exhibition space for a pop-up stand & brochure-display, and company branding will feature on all reception-related collateral.
- The strategic business development consultant will provide support with follow-up activities.
The theme for both the evening reception and business mission is ‘Entrepreneurship & Innovation’, with companies showcasing excellence in, for example, Fintech, Cybersecurity, Food Technology, Bio-Tech & Big Data.
Belfast companies are invited to apply to join the business mission. To qualify, companies need to have;
- An established operation in Belfast
- An existing customer base in NI
- The strategic need to build sustainable business in London
- Management & Sales time commitment to the project
Belfast Partners network is strong in Financial & Professional Services and Technology. Applications from Belfast companies from these sectors, or targeting these sectors in London will be particularly welcome.
We also welcome companies with niche food & drink offerings, as these products sell well to the London consumer.
Application process opening shortly.